This is me

Hey Y'all,
      I'm Laura Clements and I come from a large family of seven children (I'm number six). Being from Texas, I'm a country girl and have never really lived in the city. Due to this my siblings were some of my best and worst friends at times. As, I've gotten older I've learned to appreciate them more and wouldn't trade them for anything! I am young and single, but I am the proud aunt of three nephews and two nieces (plus one on the way). It's great being an aunt because I can love and spoil the kiddo's but then send them home to their mom and dad. 
     A little bit about my story is that I am an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This means that I believe in Christ, that He is my Savior and that I try to live my life following His example. I served a mission for the church as a volunteer for a year and half in Sao Paulo, Brazil. I loved every minute of it because I was able to testify of Christ and his ongoing ministry and serve those around me. Not going to lie, I also loved the food, the culture and the amazing people I met! I'd love to have the opportunity to return some day. Living in Brazil opened my eyes to other cultures, ideas and adventures. I love learning and experiencing new things, traveling, eating, hiking, kayaking and simply chilling. 
     I currently attend Brigham Young University- Idaho. I'm studying to get my bachelors in Marriage and Family with the hopes of becoming a Marriage and Family Therapist some day. I believe that the family is central to our plan of happiness. That as we work together we can find true joy and success in our lives. My hope is that through appropriate counseling I can help families stay together and to work past their challenges. No family is perfect and without flaws, but each has the potential for greatness. 

     In my Family Relations class we're studying the dynamics of family's in society and how they are affected by different circumstances. Throughout the semester I will be posting weekly thoughts concerning the different topics we discuss in class. I'll have links posted soon for my other classmates blogs so that if you're interested you can check out their's as well. I hope that you'll Share with me your thoughts throughout this semester with me on the topics we discuss, I want to hear and learn from you as well!

                                      The entire family consisting of in-laws and the kiddos
                                                                    Sibling Crew
                                                               I love my Eternal Family


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Social Class

Communication